Welcome back to Thorn Tree
Replies: 1,407 - Last Post: Mar 22, 2013 7:37 AM Last Post By: Zabba
Jan 21, 2013 4:06 PM
Jan 21, 2013 5:57 PM
736This is getting beyond ridiculous. Where is GS? And why would a post asking a very slightly snarky question as to what is really going on with TT be posted, then deleted but listed as posted?
C'mon LP people! I could weep for the loss of online friends and now I can't even email them through the TT system.
Jan 21, 2013 6:54 PM
Jan 21, 2013 8:55 PM
738Editing/correcting a post is disabled .... a security measure?
I think the line of reasoning is that a poster could just pretend to be asking some innocuous question about the price of a bottle of water in Ha Long Bay, wait for it to be approved, then go back and edit the post to include a string of foul-mouthed obscenities and requests for information about illegal activities, the nature of which I won't even discuss for fear of upsetting delicate sensibilities.
Ya can't be too careful around this place.
Jan 21, 2013 9:08 PM
Jan 22, 2013 2:35 AM
Jan 22, 2013 6:43 AM
Jan 22, 2013 7:14 AM
Jan 22, 2013 1:17 PM
743I'm a little confused about the post count and archived posts. After TT came back online after being shutdown, my post count was in the vicinity of 7,000+ and my archived posts were in the high 2,000's. Then it suddenly shot up by 1,700. Today I see the post count is now 5,224 while the archived count is now -6,367. Is one of the moderators able to explain how this works please?
Jan 22, 2013 3:52 PM
Jan 23, 2013 1:00 AM
745I'm extremely disappointed by this site as it has long been both informative and fun. I for one mainly pursued the travel information threads but enjoyed seeing what was being said on the other threads without often contributing to them.
As of today the search function is still not working (can you think of anything more useless than a travel site where you cannot search threads for your destination) and the chat thread users are being treated as pariahs.
The LP brand is in danger of tarnishing its reputation IMHO and I don't think it will be long before a substantial number of informed users will be looking and contributing elsewhere.
Please take action to bring the site back ASAP.
Jan 23, 2013 1:32 AM
Jan 23, 2013 1:41 AM
747Why does anyone care about post counts? Have no idea what mine was before GSOT* and whether it has gone up or down since. The only time I notice is if someone is asking a particularly obvious question, or if an answer is clearly wrong, and I check to see if they are new to the forum. Otherwise, what does it matter?
(*GSOT = Great shutdown of 2012)
Jan 23, 2013 2:52 AM
748In reply to No751:
I don't think that the post count is important in itself, what I think the posters are getting at is the way it fluctuates.After all the chat about it I noted that mine was about 1600 (down from about 2000, I think, pre closedown).
It is now only 260ish!! I imagine that they are now looking at the 'on your bike branch' and have removed all those posts from my count (I was most prolific on that board). I bet it goes up again once tha board is brough back on line.
I have already thanked the mods for all their work - but lets remember that are paid staff. Paid for by us who buy the products and the advertisers.
Jan 23, 2013 2:52 AM
- The activities branches are coming back soon. I know you want something a bit more specific than 'soon', but I think if you look at the rate we have brought the other branches back you should have an estimated guess on when they will be back.
- There is a bug with dates and time stamps that we are trying to fix asap, although this may not be possible until we have finished reinstating all branches.
- Because the volume of content currently live on Thorn Tree is different to what it used to be, your post count is affected. As we bring back old threads and branches this will fluctuate once again.
- At the moment there is nothing new that I can share in relation with PMs other than they are currently disabled. As soon as we have more news I will share them.
- Once we have finished reviewing the content in the Lobby branches we will jump onto bringing the Search functionality back, please bear with us.
@sarikanarya - if you send us an email via Contact Us with those specific links, we may be able to give you an answer as to what happened.
(4 star Hotel)
From US$169.90 per night
(0 star Hotel)
From US$22.14 per night
(0 star Hotel)
From US$10.17 per night