December Trip Itinerary - need some help...
Replies: 3 - Last Post: Oct 22, 2012 6:04 AM Last Post By: tramoyero
Oct 15, 2012 11:15 AM
December Trip Itinerary - need some help...Hi All:
We got our tickets and have a good idea on where to go too. Thanks to my previous post.
I need your help the order in which we go about - since we do not want to go back and forth.
We will spend 11 days in all in Nicaragua and we want to visit Leon (2 days), Granada (4 days), Ometepe Island (4 days) - 1 day is for internal travel from Ometepe to granada.We land in Managua around 8pm. We are travelling with my parents (seniors).
1. Should we spend the first night in Managua? Then head to Leon in the morning, then onto Granada and then Ometepe - and spend a night back in Granada and head to the airport early in the AM for our flight back home?
2. Or should we land in Managua, head directly to Granada (spend 4 days there), onto Ometepe Island (4 days there), head to Leon (2 days) and then head back home?
3. Any tips on where to stay in Leon, Granada and Ometepe. Also in Managua - just for the 1 night.
4. I am open to ideas on my itinerary too. I kept it to down to 3 places, since my parents are coming along and we did not want to move around a lot.
5. Veggie options: We are vegetarians - i have travelled a lot in Central America and have managed fine and I am presuming that it should be an issue in Nicaragua as well.
Thanks a ton,
Oct 15, 2012 6:53 PM
1Don't waste anytime in Managua. Go straight to Granada. You can book a shuttle van ahead of time to pick you up at the airport and go to your hotel in Granada.
Oct 15, 2012 6:57 PM
Oct 22, 2012 6:04 AM
(3 star Hotel)
From US$155.00 per night
San SalvadorBook now
(4 star Hotel)
From US$116.10 per night
Islita AreaBook now
(4 star Hotel)
From US$330.00 per night