What is your favorite European country?
Replies: 13 - Last Post: Sep 18, 2012 10:27 AM Last Post By: laketraveller
Sep 17, 2012 6:07 PM
What is your favorite European country?Not just Western European country, any European country.
Mine is Italy.
1. Because it's old and many of the old towns are preserved well. I really love the little town, little villages
2. The art. Oh my, the art, no other country has more art. They lived for arts back then. Excellent art galleries in every major city. Excellent arts in churches
3. The history. Italy, the land where legends and myths mix with reality
4. The irresistible holy trinity: Rome, Florence, and Venice. Major cultural centers, each with its own distinction
5. Food. Nutella, Tiramisu, Pizza
6. Italian women are hot! We need more of them
7. Italian brands, from cars to fashion
so what's your favorite European country and why?
Sep 18, 2012 1:20 AM
You can see the whole country in a day and check it off your list......
Sep 18, 2012 1:51 AM
Sep 18, 2012 1:53 AM
5You can buy nutella everywhere I think...they even sell it in Nicaragua.
Sep 18, 2012 1:54 AM
Sep 18, 2012 2:14 AM
Sep 18, 2012 4:26 AM
8I don't live in Italy .. however, there is a pizzeria about 100m from my apartment.
Sep 18, 2012 6:45 AM
Sep 18, 2012 7:08 AM
10Well, if it's tongue and cheek time, then I have to mention the restaurant in the HO Warenhaus near Hauptbahnhof station in Ost Berlin in autumn 1979 - when I visited pig's tongue and pig's cheek , along with Eisbein, were the only dishes of the day (together with over-boiled potatoes and red cabbage, of course) in which case I'll vote for the Deutsche Demokratische Republik (RIP - although it doesn't deserve to!).
Am I allowed to vote for an ex-country??
Sep 18, 2012 7:23 AM
Sep 18, 2012 9:15 AM
(4 star Hotel)
From US$95.40 per night
(5 star Hotel)
From US$261.19 per night
(4 star Hotel)
From US$98.09 per night