Suggestions on activities
Replies: 5 - Last Post: Jul 10, 2012 5:25 PM Last Post By: SoloHobo
Jul 9, 2012 8:22 PM
Suggestions on activitiesI am headed to Costa Rica soon. We have our itinerary planned as far as locations but do not have the activities planned (except rafting).
Can anyone help me with the following questions:
1. is the sloth sanctuary worth traveling to? we do not have a car so we would be taking a cab or some other form of transportation.
2. we are spending a couple of nights in la fortuna. does anyone have any recommendations for waterfall repelling tours? can we hike ourselves to the volcano or do we need to get on a tour? we may go to the hot springs as well. is there anything else we should try to do?
3. we are going to spend a night in monteverde. is there a tour company people like for ziplining?
thanks so much for the help!
Jul 10, 2012 4:40 AM
11. the sloth sanctuary is worth traveling to if you are staying in the cahuita/puerto viejo area. you can take a taxi or take the public bus which will let you off at the sanctuary and you can get picked up there for your return trip.
2. look here for more information on the arenal area: http://www.arenal.net
3. look here for more information on the monteverde area: http://www.monteverdeinfo.com
keep in mind that the weather in monteverde will be cool and very wet. if you are only going there for ziplines, i would reconsider. monteverde is a place that is popular for two reasons: 1. it is famous. 2. the cloud forest and the plants and animals and birds of that area. if you are going there because it is famous, then i would think again. really think about just why you are going there.
also -- it is not that easy to get to/from monteverde so if you are determined to go, a one-night stay is probably not enough. it depends somewhat on where you go after monteverde.
Jul 10, 2012 6:54 AM
Jul 10, 2012 4:27 PM
3Yes a taxi to the Sloth Sanctuary from Puerto Viejo. And both is the real answer. We are headed to the Peninsula from Arenal and thought we would stop in Monteverde for a night on the way.
Jul 10, 2012 4:57 PM
Jul 10, 2012 5:25 PM
Islita AreaBook now
(3 star Hotel)
From US$303.00 per night
(2 star Hotel)
From US$50.00 per night
(3 star Hotel)
From US$68.76 per night