Air Asia X cancelling London, Paris, Mumbai, Dehli routes?
Replies: 101 - Last Post: Aug 3, 2012 12:40 PM Last Post By: belgianguy
Jan 12, 2012 3:24 PM
30Hi, just talked to air asia as my family have flights to UK from NZ in March (all ok) but we are returning at the end of April - not so good. Story from them is we can take a full refund now or wait for a week to see if we have been allocated a seat on another airline.
As was previously mentioned, this is done by allocating seats in the order of booking. I don't really know where we are in that order so there is nothing to do but sit and wait to see if there are seats for us on another flight. I think that a transfer has to be the best option of all as canceling and re-booking ourselves looks like an expensive exercise based on current prices. Fingers, toes and eyes crossed.
Jan 12, 2012 11:01 PM
Jan 13, 2012 9:10 AM
32I do hope seats will be allocated in booking order personally, I booked 2 seats July 2011 for 650 RM each. I can imagine AA will allocate expensive seats first, IF they have to compensate MAS.
I am sort of fatalistic despite having booked easyjet seats in Europe and a hotel room for 4 nights. If i am refunded, OK, but from experience AA do not make refunds quickly or willingly, they will hang on to your money as long as they can.
Seats may be transferred NOT on the date that you originally wanted, so keep flexible. I am keeping my fingers crossed, i have read that AA will send out EMails 2 months before your fight date telling you the possibiliities. My gf has to obtain a visa after we get the ticket . But as i say, i believe NOTHING
Jan 13, 2012 9:15 AM
We've booked 6 premium return flights to KL. I wonder if AaX will transfer us to business class on an alternative airline? I somehow doubt it but I have to wait and see.
Luckily - no other flights or accom booked yet. Feel sorry for those who have complicated itineraries already booked.
Jan 13, 2012 6:44 PM
34To: All above affected by the AAX cancellation.
I hope that you have purchased insurance to cover for this kind of cancellation. In future, keep away from LCC carriers for long-haul flights. It is just not worth it. Nevertheless, I hope that AAX will provide an alternative arrangement to compensate the damage inflicted upon you. Personally, I have no faith nor trust in them at all.
Jan 13, 2012 7:01 PM
Jan 15, 2012 8:58 AM
Ash cloud - stranded for a week - 4 of us - not covered. Every weasel word they could think of to avoid any payout. Had a policy with the same company for 5 years - annual, platinum, family, never had reason to claim.
When I did need some help - dumped!
They probably would help out in a dire medical emergency I suspect. But I don't rely on them for anything else.
As #36 says - hopefully AaX will come good. Lets see.
Fortunately I hadn't made any other arrangements so no subsequent losses for me, but I do feel very sorry for those with complicated and timely itineraries.
So - fingers crossed!
Jan 15, 2012 10:18 PM
37Much as I'm annoyed at AAX right now I definitely trust them more than travel insurance, which I hadn't got around to booking anyway. Although that isn't saying much about the amount I trust either to pay up!
I've got return flights London - KL in April, only booked in Nov11 so if they do offer alternatives based on first come then I doubt there'll be much left. Luckily I've not booked anything else but will be gutted to miss my holiday and never going to get to Malaysia as cheaply. Just looked online and cheapest flights are double what I paid and via Egypt or ME or Sri Lanka and take twice as long with stopovers so I hope the MAS upgrade comes through!
Anyone had their personal email yet?
Jan 15, 2012 10:39 PM
38I was about to ask the same thing.
I spoke to live chat who told me I need to wait for that elusive email which will be coming 'shortly'.
My booking was made in May last year so I assume I will be one of the first to hear if they are doing it in booking order. That was when the big sale was on for London/Paris
Also, travel insurance have said they will pick up any residual tab once I have made all claims on AAX so thats a relief.
I have pre paid all accom and return flights from KL so I am wondering if AAX will pick up the tab for any expenses due to the change. I was due to fly out of Orly and MAS flies from CDG so theres transfer expenses as well although a seat on the same day will do me at this stage.
Jan 19, 2012 4:44 AM
39Air Asia X just wrote to me again. Just an update letter saying some have already asked for refund and they are being worked on. Air Asia X is also trying to play up on chnage of route, name, etc touting their new KUL-SYD route. I will hang on and hope I get a decent flight form London back to KUL (where I connect to Perth) on the same day.
Anyone else there receive the same email? anyone received a refund? anyone received an alternative flight?
Jan 19, 2012 5:01 AM
Jan 19, 2012 9:42 AM
41yes penfold, i got the same email....seems airasia is coming through with their promise to rebook with another airline, at no cost, also they said they will take care of my connecting flights with them in KL, also at no cost, so it seems my original travel schedule can be saved...i definitely won't ask for a refund, coz any other ticket one way from europe to Kl will cost me nearly twice as much!
Jan 19, 2012 3:28 PM
42Same here... does anyone know if they will pay to get us to CDG from Orly? I'll suck up the costs if I can at least get a return flight to back to KL same day as I have now. We fly into Orly and have pre paid non refundable accom at the Hilton in Orly so we have to be there, but can catch a shuttle to CDG to make the return flight.
Jan 19, 2012 10:03 PM
43Hi mate, we also have 5 Premium seats booked on Air AsiaX from KUL to Paris in September 2012. Given that MAS is the only airline operating a direct flight from KUL to Paris Charles du Gaule will AirasiaX upgrade us to a MAS business class seat??? Heres hoping!!
Jan 19, 2012 10:08 PM
I read on another forum they were trying to do 'like for like' with the caveat of ' if available'. So you may get lucky... maybe not...
My worry is the 2 month limit that they will contact us by makes it hard to get alternatives at a reasonable price if they cant get us on another flight.
So , we wait.
(3 star Hotel)
From US$57.24 per night
(3 star Hotel)
From US$69.43 per night
(3 star Hotel)
From US$53.06 per night