Help for finding nice and cheap accomodation in Java
Replies: 4 - Last Post: Dec 4, 2012 6:46 AM Last Post By: widiastuti
Dec 3, 2012 5:30 AM
Help for finding nice and cheap accomodation in JavaHello,
We'll be coming to Java in January 2013 for 3 weeks.
Our rough itinerary is like this :
- landing in Jakarta and taking a bus to Bogor
- visiting the Botanical Gardens
- Bogor - Cianjur by bus
- staying at Cianjur Homestay fo 2 days
- Cianjur - Bandung by bus
- visiting the countryside near Bandung (2 days ?)
- Bandung - Yogyakarta by train
- Yogya + visiting Borobudur, Prambanan, etc.
- Solo by train
- Malang + Bromo?
- Surabaya and flying home
So, of course it's not very original - the only thing is that it will be in the rainy season so maybe we might not be able to see all that we want to see...
I have several questions : last year we were in Sumatra and we found it great and ....cheap! Now, after having done some preliminar research about Java accomodation, we find it pretty expensive (especially if you want a basic room but with a hot shower..). Is it true? Normally we spend not more than 15 - 20$ a night for 2 persons, but it seems to be at least 30$ or even 40$ per night in Java !!
So, do you know any decent and clean hotels with hot shower in :
- Bogor (we found Wisma Pakuan for 225 000 IR but no information abour the cleanness or hot shower on the Web...- any other suggestion?)
- Bandung (what about Unique Guesthouse?)
- Yogya (we thought about Via Via Guesthouse...)
- Malang ???
- Solo (Cakra Homestay ?)
- Surabaya ????
Well, if you have any suggestions that might help me in planning the trip, I'd be very grateful.
Dec 3, 2012 7:33 AM
Check out the following:
Six Degrees in Central Jakarta - a new and very clean backpackers hostel. It's located in the Jalan Cikini Raya area close to the Formule1 Cikini. The Jalan Cikini Raya area is a pleasant one - get some info here.
From Cikini Station, you can take a suburban line train and do a day trip to the Bogor Botanical Gardens.
Another useful link: Train travel in Indonesia
There is free accommodation available in Bandung.
If you are into hiking: Semeru (depends on the weather though)
Blitar - a hidden gem. You can stay at Eva's place for free as "couchsurfers". She can also help you in terms of visiting the countryside around Malang - email@example.com
Dec 3, 2012 8:16 PM
Dec 4, 2012 5:39 AM
3In Malang, try Merbabu Guest House.. It's about USD 30-35 with private shower, hot water and afternoon snack.. No swimming pool, tough..
In Surabaya, try Narita Hotel or Equator Hotel.. Price almost the same with Merbabu GH..
For a car rental, you could get it about USD 35-45 per day including driver (and guide, if you lucky), excluding petrol.. Try to contact Alvin in firstname.lastname@example.org for Surabaya and Malang trip.. I've used his service for several times..
Dec 4, 2012 6:46 AM
1. Wisma pakuan yes with hot shower, it is nice place, more info and picture on their Facebook "hotel wisma pakuan"
2. Hotel Duta, near to wisma pakuan..standard room 135K
3. Wisma Duta, standard room 130K
4. Bogor inn, standard room 180K
5. Hotel Ririn standard room 200K
you can just go show and checking the place, I have my friend coming to Bogor from swiss in early january too, pm me if you need more info about Bogor
agree to #3 car rental around Java and Bali is about 350k exclude gas, car rental/driver is easy to find..you can have car rental from Bogor to the south Cianjur and end in Bandung (countryside)
(4 star Hotel)
From US$111.53 per night
(3 star Hotel)
From US$39.26 per night
(5 star Hotel)
From US$316.00 per night