Egypt Trip - advice and recommendations.
Replies: 3 - Last Post: Nov 9, 2012 1:13 AM Last Post By: mahmoud1975
Nov 8, 2012 4:38 AM
Egypt Trip - advice and recommendations.Hello everyone.
This is my first time posting here - so Hello!
My name is Bhuwan and I have recently discovered the joys of travelling.
I am planning to visit Egypt from 15th to 26th Dec 2012 and would like some advice on my plan.
1. I will be landing at Sharm Al Sheik - and spend about 4 to 5 days there - plan to do some scuba diving, take in the sights and possibly take a day trip to Jordan (Time and more importantly, money permitting).
(I have looked at several options, but flying to Sharm is the cheapest one at present; I will arrive in Sharm, travel around and reach Cairo and finally depart from Cairo.)
2. From Sharm I intend to travel to Aswan and board a Nile cruise - I understand that there are 3 days cruises that will take me from Aswan to Luxor.
Any idea how much such a cruise would cost.
3. From Luxor, I plan to travel to Cairo where I will stay for about 2 to 3 days, take in the sights and then fly back.
All of this may be a bit ambitious for a 12 day trip - hence the request of advice on whether this is feasible.
Also, I have looked at flying between these stops and they are too expensive for me. Driving - I am used to driving in India, but still would not want the hassle of driving in Egypt; I am happy to travel in public transport.
Would anyone be able to answer the following questions:
1. Is the above plan sensible?
2. Is it possible to travel from Sharm Al Sheik to Aswan? - my research indicates that one way is to take a Ferry to Hurgada and then travel to Aswan by bus. Are there any other options? and how long would this trip take?
3. Is it possible to reach Aswan and directly go onto a cruise - thus saving a day's accomodation expense in Aswan?
4. Once I reach Luxor, would I have to stay there or can I leave the cruise and take a train to Cairo?
4. I know there is an overnight train from Cairo to Luxor - I'm assuming there will be one in the reverse direction - is this correct?
I would be grateful for advice on this and any other advice you think would be helpful.
Nov 8, 2012 5:20 AM
1Welcome, In my opinion your itinerary is not to good in the beginning, but fine later on. Keep in mind, this is only my opinion and I'm not you so feel free to disagree.
1) I think you're spending too many days at Sharm and do not have time to go to Jordan. If it were me I'd spend 2 or 3 days in Sharm and then head off to Aswan giving yourself more time to experience Aswan (you could see Abu Simbel), Luxor and Cairo.
2) I don't know.
3 & 4) Both questions are a matter of timing. If you arrive early in the day you can but if you arrive late in the evening you can't.
5) Yes, there are overnight trains in both directions.
Nov 8, 2012 3:03 PM
Nov 9, 2012 1:13 AM
1 the plan is good but 5 day in sharm its too mach .
2 there is no ferry any more between sharm and hurghada . and the best way to travel from sharm to a nile cruise is flying but first u have too book the nile cruise and then u can decides you travel to luxor and take the nile cruise or to aswan to take it . but if u like to travel by bus there is no buses from sharm to aswan.
the bus just from sharm to luxor. you go to luxor and take the nile cruise to aswan and then from aswan to cairo by train.
3 in the nile cruise System u have to live your cabin at 08.00 but u can stay at the the nile cruise tell the time of your train any way there is more than 10 train from luxor to cairo and 7 train from aswan to cairo.
4 when u book 4 nights 5 days at a nile cruis its mean u can make good program you have the time to vist the most important sightseeing in luxor and aswan which is (Visit the High Dam, the Temple of Philae, unfinished Obelisk, kom ombo tempel ,Edfu Tempel The Valley of the Kings, The temple of Queen Hatshepsut at El-Deir
El-Bahari & the Colossi Memnon.
- Visit East Bank (Karnak & Luxor Temples)
(0 star Hotel)
From US$9.00 per night
(2 star Hotel)
From US$6.79 per night
(0 star Hotel)
From US$8.30 per night