Athens airport hostel
Replies: 3 - Last Post: Nov 7, 2012 12:45 AM Last Post By: frisbee
Nov 2, 2012 1:10 PM
Nov 2, 2012 8:47 PM
1Hostels are not NEARLY as available in Greece as in other European countries ... the trade-off is (usually) that there are many rooms to let for modest prices (off-season, 20-25€ per room), at least on all but the most touricized islands. However, near the airport there are no hostels to speak of. If you want help, you need to give us more information. Such as:
(1) what time of year are you hoping to visit?? July-August is "high season" when everything is crowded & expensive
(2) How many of you are there? just 1, or a couple?
(3) What is the plan for this accommodation ... just an overnight, and the next AM you plan to catch a ferry or a flight?
(4) does it have to be near the Airport?? The airport is about 44 km from central athens ... you can catch a metro into central athens for about 7€ --- and there are hostels near train stations... one near the Akropolis Metro stop (Athens backpackers) is highly praised ... another, near Monastiraki Metro stop, is Athenstyle Hostel ... both have websites
(5) if you MUST stay near the Airport (for an early AM flight) there is a Hotel hat gives free transport to/from airport between about 7 AM and 12 midnight. Peris Hotel, about 10 minute ride away. About €70 double ..
but you see, we cannot know which to advise becuse you do not tell us WHEN you need this lodging and for what general plan. Share more, you get more help.
Nov 3, 2012 7:24 AM
2The nearest hostels are downtown in Central Athens, about 45 minutes from the airport. Check the websites for the Student & Traveller's Inn and Athens Backpackers. There is an airport bus, X95 that will take you between the airport and Syntagma Square for €5 24/7/365, leaving every 20-30 minutes. The Airport Metro runs between 5am and Midnight.
Nov 7, 2012 12:45 AM
(5 star Hotel)
From US$375.34 per night
(0 star Hotel)
From US$20.91 per night
(0 star Hotel)
From US$18.82 per night