Bus transfer Laos to Cambodia details please
Replies: 3 - Last Post: Oct 30, 2012 3:27 AM Last Post By: LFSwiss
Oct 28, 2012 9:09 AM
I will be travelling from Don Daeng island (near Champasak, Laos) over the border to Cambodia to Ban Lung ultimately.
I understand the following:
- There is a bus service from Pakse to Pnomh Penh
- I can buy a Cambodia visa at the border crossing (I believe it is called Voeung Kam/ Dom Kralor) with a photo and $
What I cannot find out is:
- Do I have to pre-purchase tickets? If so, from where?
- Can I pick the bus up at Ban Muang (which is near to our hotel on Don Daeng island)?
- Is the bus service daily? And is there a schedule? (or some approximate idea of departure from Pakse)
- I have read various reports that the bus runs to the border and then I have to buy a ticket on the Cambodia side for a bus onward – is that the case?
- As my ultimate destination is Ban Lung, am I correct to assume I will have to change buses in Stung Treng? And is this straightforward?
- I want to make this whole transfer in one day – is that feasible?
Thanks for any advice (my guidebooks are very vague on the overland transfers).
Oct 28, 2012 9:28 AM
1yes to be safe from bus station en route
yes leaves Pakse about 06.45
Check the situation regarding the visa at that crossing to be safe
Oct 28, 2012 7:24 PM
2There is a good chance your guesthouse will sell tickets to Stung Treng. Yes daily service. You should be able to book a through ticket to Stung Treng, other transport options are very limited from that border, although you will have to wait and change buses.
Cambodian visas can be obtained at that border although a little tea money may be required. don't forget a photo.
You will be dropped in Stung Treng from where you catch an onward bus to Ban Lung (although I'm not sure of the times for this). www.canbypublications.com
Oct 30, 2012 3:27 AM
Ban LungBook now
(0 star Hotel)
From US$7.00 per night
Luang PrabangBook now
(4 star Hotel)
From US$120.00 per night
(4 star Hotel)
From US$75.00 per night