India itinerary - Help required!
Replies: 3 - Last Post: Jul 14, 2012 1:17 AM Last Post By: jazzmanblues
Jul 13, 2012 8:07 AM
India itinerary - Help required!Hi All,
Right we've got 5 weeks in India and are coming from the Sanauli border crossing in Nepal. We are flying out of Cochin so we are planning to spend 2 weeks ish in the North and then 5 days in Goa and 2ish weeks in the South. Can you please look over my North India itinerary and tell what you think. We have 5 weeks in total in India.
Start in Lumbini in Nepal.
1. Sanauli to Gorakhpur - 1 NIGHT in Gorakhpur
2. Gorakhpur to Delhi (Overnight Train 14 Hours) - 3 NIGHTS in Delhi - 1 Tired Day + 2 Days in Delhi
3. Delhi to Agra (Morning Train 4 Hours) - 2 NIGHTS in Agra - 1.5 Days in Agra for Taj and fort
4. Agra to Jaipur (Morning Train 5 Hours) - 2 NIGHTS in Jaipur - 1.5 Days in Jaipur
5. Jaipur to Jodhpur (Train 6 Hours – Day train so lose a day) - 3 NIGHTS in Jodhpur - 2 Days in Jodhpur
6. Jodhpur to Jaisalmer (Overnight Train 6 Hours) - 2 NIGHTS in Jaisalmer - 1 Tired Day + 2 Days in Jaisalmer
7. Jaisalmer to Jodhpur (Overnight 6 Hours) + 1 NIGHT in Jodhpur - 1 Day in Jodhpur just in case trains are delayed etc.
8. Fly to GOA
Works out about 17 days. Thanks for all your help.
Jul 13, 2012 8:57 AM
Jul 13, 2012 1:02 PM
2Agreed. 2 nights in Agra seem a bit too much. Taj Mahal and the Fort will not take that long. Otherwise your plan is just right for some good sight seeing
Jul 14, 2012 1:17 AM
(0 star Hotel)
From US$3.91 per night
(4 star Hotel)
From US$101.98 per night
(5 star Hotel)
From US$203.95 per night