Kazakhstan Kyrgyzstan recent info, plz
Replies: 2 - Last Post: Jul 9, 2012 8:15 PM Last Post By: hopper00
Jul 5, 2012 7:25 AM
i am planning a two week trip to Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan.
i searched the forum for info on car rental.. most info seems to be from 2008, 2009.
1. can anybody tell me if it is possible to rent a car (no driver) in Almaty and drive to Kyrgyzstan and back?
2. roughly how much would it cost?
3. if, you have to take a driver, what is roughly the all inclusive price (incl. accomodation for driver, etc)?
4. is it worth it? or are we better off just wing it with public transport?
5. how is public transport? easy to get around and more or less reliable?
6. we're planning the "classic" Almaty - Bischkek - Issyk Kul - Karakol" loop. is it too much in two weeks?
7. any interesting/out of the ordinary points of interests/adventures to be had?
8. any good outfit/tour operator/facilitator you can recommend? (for car rental, horse back riding, trekking, etc.)
9. how much time should we plan in Almaty or Bischkek? -i have no idea what to expect in these cities?
thank you in advance for any positive input!
Jul 8, 2012 4:40 AM
i am writing from Kyrgyzstan. rent a car in our country you can find below web site:
price for day rent a car without driver.
If you want I can arange you from Kazahstan-Kyrgystan border. I have C class car 1999 year.
About a car with driver rent price include translater we can disscus by email.
Yes, of course you can use public bus and come to Bishkek bus station (price around 15 usd for one person).
for undestanding what way is good need know which kind of place you like to see.
Now in Issyk-Kul season for sweaming also it,s time for going to jailoo there you can drink national milk ''kymyz''or horse back riding.
Jul 9, 2012 8:15 PM
(5 star Hotel)
From US$264.73 per night
(0 star Hotel)
From US$15.00 per night
(4 star Hotel)
From US$212.65 per night