Australian tourist in USA needs Chinese Tourist Visa
Replies: 8 - Last Post: Jun 22, 2012 12:54 PM Last Post By: jayeonthrontree
Jun 18, 2012 7:06 AM
Australian tourist in USA needs Chinese Tourist VisaCan Australian tourists with no legal status in USA get a 30 day, Chinese Tourist Visa at a Chinese embassy/consulate in the USA ?
Thanks for answering. I "really" need to know.
Don't bother telling me to try the Chinese consulate in Australia. It is too late for that.
Jun 18, 2012 7:21 AM
1You should ask on the Northeast Asia Branch. They're more likely to know the requirements for obtaining a xChinese visa.
Jun 18, 2012 8:27 AM
Jun 18, 2012 8:28 AM
Jun 18, 2012 8:35 AM
I phoned Travel Visa Pro (in USA). However, they say:
"Generally Consulates only help individuals whom have a status in the country they are applying; i.e green card, work visa, US passport. Since you do not have a status in the US, there is a high chance the Consulate will ask you to apply in Australia. I hope this information helps."
And, Travel Visa Pro only assist with US citizens and their travel needs.
Jun 18, 2012 8:49 AM
5Yes, you can apply. Chinese Visa from the Chinese consulate in San Francisco.
BUT--you have to prove residency in the US.
That's worded a little awkwardly, but I also looked at some visa services that specialize in chinese visas. China has divided the US into districts by consulate. Each consulate only serve residents of their assigned area. so they want proof that you live in that area.
Instructions for the form you;'d have to fill out:
f you are applying for a visa in a country or territory other than the country of your nationality, please fill out the following.
1. Please select the duration of your stay in this country or territory.
2. Please select whether you have a valid visa or other residence permit of this country or territory.
3. Please fill in the number of your visa or residence permit and its expiration date.
4. Please select whether you have permission to return to this country or territory with the visa or residence permit above.
5. Please fill in the mailing address of your residence in this country or territory.
6. Please fill in your phone number in this country or territory.
Jun 18, 2012 9:27 AM
Jun 18, 2012 12:55 PM
Jun 22, 2012 12:54 PM
Coober PedyBook now
(4 star Hotel)
From US$150.78 per night
(4 star Hotel)
From US$255.15 per night
(3 star Hotel)
From US$169.00 per night