Tulip Tour information and booking
- Equipment Required
- The Flower Park Keukenhof and visits to a cheese farm and traditional Dutch windmill
- Leiden, the birthplace of Rembrandt
- Experiencing Holland in the springtime and viewing the fields of tulips, daffodils and hyacinths
- Visit worlds biggest flower auction in Aalsmeer
- Experience barging and cycling in a special corner of Holland
Tour description provided by World Expeditions
On this short bike and barge holiday you will experience the highlights of springtime in Holland with excursions to the quintessential Dutch sights. Leaving Amsterdam we travel by barge to Spaarndam and the village of Hans Brinker where we disembark to make a short cycle trip to Haarlem. The Flower Park Keukenhof is our next focus where we are welcomed by thousands of tulips, daffodils and hyacinths of various colour, shapes and scents! Cycling through the blooming bulb fields we reach Leiden, birthplace of the world famous painter Rembrandt. As we continue on our bikes we will also visit a traditional Dutch windmill as well as a local cheese farm where we take a tour to learn the process of cheese making and taste the final goods! On our last day we visit the world's biggest Flower Auction in Aalsmeer before boarding our barge back to Amsterdam.
- 3 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 3 dinners (does not include drinks) continental breakfasts are served and will usually consist of breads, cheese, ham, tea, coffee & juices. at breakfast you will prepare your packed lunch for the day which will be sandwiches, fruit & juice. if you choose not to cycle on a particular day, the crew will serve lunch onboard. dinner will consist of three courses inclusive of either a pasta, vegetarian or meat dish.
- 3 nights accommodation aboard a standard barge (category c) on a twin share basis with ensuite facilities. if you are travelling by yourself you will be matched with another passenger. cabins are configured with bunk beds (upper and lower), except for comfort departures (category a - lower twin berths or category b - lower double bed) – price supplement applies.
- Bicycle with 7 gears, lock, pannier and insurance
- Entrance fees for flower park keukenhof, cheese factory, broekdijker windmill & visit to flower auction in aalsmeer
- Several city walking tours
- Information pack
- Experienced guide
- Day 1 Join Amsterdam (or Haarlem), cruise to Spaarndam (10km)
- Day 2 Cycle to ‘Keukenhof’ flower farm (15km)
- Day 3 Visit Leiden, a cheese farm and a windmill (30km)
- Day 4 Visit Aalsmeer, world’s biggest flower auction, trip concludes Amsterdam (or Haarlem) (15km)