Engelse Kerk

sights / Religious

Engelse Kerk information

Something wrong?
Submit a correction

One of two churches located in the Begijnhof, the Engelse Kerk was built around 1392. It eventually was rented out to the local community of English and Scottish Presbyterian refugees – including the Pilgrim Fathers – and it still serves as the city's Presbyterian church. Look for pulpit panels by Piet Mondrian, in a figurative phase. Note that as this church is still in frequent use, it's sometimes closed to visitors.