Wat Yai Suwannaram
Wat Yai Suwannaram information
Wat Yai Suwannaram was originally built during the 17th century and renovated during the reign of Rama V (r 1868–1910). Legend has it that the gash in the ornately carved wooden doors of the lengthy wooden săh·lah dates to the Burmese attack on Ayuthaya. The faded murals inside the bòht date back to the 1730s. Next to the bòht, set on a murky pond, is a beautifully designed old hŏr đrai (Tripitaka library), though these days it’s home only to pigeons.