Historical Site sights in Ko Si Chang
- Sort by:
This former royal palace was used by Rama V (King Chulalongkorn) over the summer months, but was abandoned when the French briefly occupied the island in 1893. The main throne hall – a magnificent golden teak structure known as Vimanmek Teak Mansion – was moved to Bangkok in 1910.
What remains today are fairly subdued Victorian-style buildings indicative of the king's architectural preferences. Ruen Vadhana and Ruen Mai Rim Talay contain historical displays about the king's visits to the island and his public works programs, including a lecture to the local people on Western tea parties. Up the hill is Wat Asadang Khanimit, a temple containing a small, consecrated…