Mt Kilimanjaro Trek - Rongai Route
Mt Kilimanjaro Trek - Rongai Route information and booking
Follow a lesser-trekked path up Kilimanjaro, conquer Africa's highest peak, hike towards the summit through ever-changing ecosystems.
Tour description provided by G Adventures
Conquer Africa's highest peak from the drier, northern side of the mountain. Follow the Rongai Route, climbing the mountain from the North and descending via the popular Marangu Route with its diverse climate zones and stunning views. This route's gentle approach has a high success rate due to the slow ascent. You'll camp beside the only lake on the mountain and enjoy spectacular views over Kenya's Amboseli plains. Local guides, cooks, and porters will provide support during your trek and at campsites along the way.
- Day 1 Moshi
- Day 2 Moshi/Simba Camp (1B, 1L, 1D)
- Day 3 Simba Camp/Kikelelwa Camp (1B, 1L, 1D)
- Day 4 Kikelelwa Camp/Mawenzi Tarn Camp (1B, 1L, 1D)
- Day 5 Mawenzi Tarn Camp/Kibo Huts (1B, 1L, 1D)
- Day 6 Kibo Huts/Horombo Huts (1B, 1L, 1D)
- Day 7 Horombo Huts/Marangu (1B, 1L)
- Day 8 Moshi (1B)