This renovated, men-only place, in the heart of the souq just south of the Great Mosque, is open long hours and is still a local...
Opposite the western entrance of the mosque, the Madrassa Halawiyya was built in 1245 as a theological college on the site of what was...
On the northern edge of the souqs, this is the younger sibling (by 10 years) of the Umayyad Mosque in Damascus. Its most impressive...
Restaurant-Coffee Shop Ahlildar
Overlooking the entrance to the Great Mosque, this fine restaurant means you can eat and then return to the souqs without having to...
Khan al-Jumruk information
The great gateway of the magnificent Khan al-Jumruk, completed in 1574, is the largest and most impressive of Aleppo's khans. At one time it housed the consulates and trade missions of the English, Dutch and French, in addition to 344 shops. Its days as a European enclave are now long gone but the khan is still in use, serving as a cloth market. The decoration on the interior façade of the gateway is splendid.