Walls & Parc de la Mar
- Old Palma, 07001
Lonely Planet review for Walls & Parc de la Mar
Most of Palma's defensive walls were destroyed in the late 19th century to allow easier expansion of the city. Only a section of the Renaissance sea wall, the Dalt Murada (begun in 1562, finished in 1801), remains impressively intact. In 1984 the Parc de la Mar (with its artificial lake, fountain and green spaces) was opened.
Looking tatty in parts, it is still a pleasing part of the view from the stout walls, and a pleasant place for a breezy drink at a terrace cafe in summer.