Gyeonghuigung

Gyeonghuigung information

Seoul , South Korea
Telephone
+82 2 724 0274
Getting there
metro Line 5 to Gwanghwamun, Exit 1
More information
http://jikimi.cha.go.kr
Prices
admission free
Opening hours
9am-6pm Tue-Sun
Something wrong?
Submit a correction

Lonely Planet review

The Palace of Shining Celebration was completed in 1623 and used to consist of a warren of courtyards, buildings, walls and gates spread over a large area. But it was destroyed during the Japanese annexation and a Japanese school was established here. Only the main audience hall, Sungjeongjeon, and the smaller official hall behind it along with a few paved courtyards, walls and corridors have been restored. The entrance gate, Heunghwamun, has toured around Seoul, and was moved to its present site in 1988.