The Ecuador Experience
All content by G Adventures
If you want to sample the region’s highlights without sacrificing some of its lesser known gems, there’s no better way to experience Ecuador's dramatic scenery and colourful people. Visit the Amazon and a shaman for an incredible introduction to indigenous culture and witness lush jungles and exotic wildlife. Staying in simple hotels and homestays and using public transport will keep you grounded in the local customs and culture. We'll travel from the Avenue of the Volcanoes to relaxing Pacific beaches and mountain hot springs in Ecuador. This adventure offers up a great combination of must-see highlights and free time to explore on your own.
- Feeling like a local at an Amazon homestay.
- Relaxing on Ecuador's beaches.
- Witnessing Andean scenery.
- Riding by train to the Devil's Nose.
- Learning from the locals at an indigenous community.
- Shopping the Otavalo market.
2-night Amazon Jungle homestay, Excursion by train to the Devil's Nose, 2-night homestay at an indigenous community, Visit to Otavalo market.
Group Size Notes
Max 16, avg 10.
4 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 4 dinners.
Allow USD305-400 for meals not included.
Public bus, truck, motorized canoe, train.
Simple hotels (12 nts), Amazon community stay (2 nts), overnight bus (1 nt), indigenous community homestay (2 nts, multi-share).
- USA / Canada 1 855 667 9501
- United Kingdom 0844 272 2120
- Australia 1300 884 162
- New Zealand 0800 333 415
- Germany 01805 70 90 30 70
- Rest of World 00 1 855 667 9501