Kruger Experience Lodge (3 Days)
All content by Intrepid
No holiday to South Africa would be complete without a safari - a chance to spot Africa's Big Five and to wander the vast open savanna. Join us as we heed the call of the Kruger and embark on a magical journey into this vast, game-filled national park. Search for lions, leopards, buffaloes, rhinos and elephants during the day, and then relax in a comfortable lodge at night. This is the perfect way to see the spectacular Kruger National Park without sacrificing creature comforts.
- Learn about native flora and fauna on a guided walk.
- Check out the Johannesburg restaurant scene.
- Enjoy delicious barbecue dinners in a traditional boma hut.
- Try to spot Africa's Big Five in the Kruger National Park.
- See nocturnal animals on a night safari.
Day 1 Johannesburg/Greater Kruger National Park
It doesn't always have the best reputation, but Johannesburg has fascinating, vibrant places to explore like Soweto, Alexandra, Rosebank Flea Market and its wonderful museums. Created to control diminishing animal numbers due to hunting, Kruger National Park became official in 1926 and is now deservedly one of Africa's premier safari parks.
Day 2 Kruger National Park
One of the largest game reserves in Southern Africa, Kruger National Park is home to over 500 bird species and 150 mammal species, including the Big Five.
Day 3 Johannesburg
Johannesburg is a sprawling city of remarkable contrasts: mansions stand alongside tin shacks and there are as many green parks as there are conglomerations of concrete.
Maximum of 12 travellers per group
Fuel, Overland vehicle
1. This trip departs early in the morning on day 1 and it is strongly recommended that you arrive at least one day prior.2. This trip finishes upon arrival in Johannesburg on Day 3. Please do not book any flights until after 10pm this evening.