- Before you post. Search to see if someone’s already asked a similar question. Ask a better question and you’ll get a better answer. (Please fill out your profile, it’ll help us to help you.)
- Travel companions. If you’re looking for someone to travel with or make up a group for a safari, the best place to post is in our travel companions forum.
- Keep it travel-related. We want to remind you that this forum is a place for travellers and travel enthusiasts to share tips, information, and…
Inside this thread you'll find a collection of information and links to websites about attractions, activities, travel practicalities and news about the countries covered. Have a good look around before asking your question - quite often your question (or one very similar to it) will have been asked and answered many times already.
When you're ready to ask a question, choose the most relevant country from the drop down menu to ensure the best responses.
Please feel free to add any other useful…
I will be travelling to Gabon for the African Nations Cup from 14 to 29 January 2017. There is very little information on logistics for it
- I know qualification is not complete, but is there a schedule for the games per city with times and dates?
- How do we book tickets from abroad?
- The games will be Libreville, Port Gentil and Franceville (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_Africa_Cup_of_Nations). Which of these places deserves to be visited for longer?
- I'm also keen to…
We are 2 friends (French, 30 years old) and are looking fro people to share the safari trip. I ve found 2 different companies (Africa Scenic Safaris and Congema) which offer a 5 or 6 nights including Tarangire, Serengeti, Ngorongoro and a trek in kili or meru in a camping mode all included for 1590USD pp (if 4 people)
we would like to start the safari on the 08th aug.
looking forward to it!
I'm a female traveling solo to Tanzania late November, looking for adventurous travel companions to go on an off beat safari in Ruaha NP. Preferably mobile camping within the park, but I haven't checked the price for this option yet. Otherwise budget bandas within or just outside the park. Thus far I have found two tour operators (one of them based in Iringa)offering budget small group tours. I haven't contacted them yet, but their online prices are indeed low budget in comparison plus…
I will be self-driving in Namibia in September. I have my camping reservations in Etosha NP already arranged by a travel company. My question is...Do I need to arrange game drives within the park or can I see and photograph as well alone? Can I drive myself for a night drive within the park or should I book a Night Game Drive through the park at Halali or Okaukuejo? When is the best time of day to be at waterholes? I am a serious amateur photographer and I'm interested in getting the best…
We had booked a tour through Western, Northern and Eastern Ethiopia with EVG and made a deposit for the driver, Geta. Due to an illness, we are unable to complete the tour this year, and need to recoup our deposit. Is anyone interested in booking the driver for the time period? The car is also equipped with camping gear (tent and mattresses). Please private message me and I will get you in touch with EVG, Bernie.
I thought zanizbar was an islamic country so the food would be halal, but now I find a lot off hotels who offer special halal diet.. Isn't everything (all the meat)halal in zanzibar?
I am visiting Virunga in September and booked the entire trip directly with Virunga National Park. I will come from Kigali (Rwanda) with a cab. However, I am wondering if anyone knows how to arrange the exact meeting place and time for Virunga staff to pick me up at the border in Goma. I already paid for the transportation, but I did not receive any notification about the pickup details. Also, I've read that I should plan on the cab ride from Kigali to take about 3 hours. Is that accurate? If…