- Before you post. Search to see if someone’s already asked a similar question. Ask a better question and you’ll get a better answer. (Please fill out your profile, it’ll help us to help you.)
- Travel companions. If you’re looking for someone to travel with or make up a group for a safari, the best place to post is in our travel companions forum.
- Keep it travel-related. We want to remind you that this forum is a place for travellers and travel enthusiasts to share tips, information, and…
Inside this thread you'll find a collection of information and links to websites about attractions, activities, travel practicalities and news about the countries covered. Have a good look around before asking your question - quite often your question (or one very similar to it) will have been asked and answered many times already.
When you're ready to ask a question, choose the most relevant country from the drop down menu to ensure the best responses.
Please feel free to add any other useful…
I am just finishing up a great trip in Marrakesh and Fes with my family. Although this is my first post, I read a lot here as I planned (and have used this site much in the past as well.) Here is a trip report I wrote. I hope it is helpful.
It's super last minute but... if anyone if planning a group safari from Arusha around 6th July, I'm looking for a group to join for 5 days or so (budget camping). I've already emailed a few operators, some got back to me that they don't have any availability. If worst comes to worst I'll have to try and sort something out when I arrive.
Is it easy to find a tour group in Arusha? If anyone has experience of just showing up and finding a tour on the day, advice would be most appreciated!
Should you need a short term extension of the three months' visa you get at the airport I strongly advise to apply directly at VFS Global, the compulsory gate keeper of the South African Department of Home Affairs with offices in all major cities. I do not advise to make use of the additional services of South African Migration International (SAMI) in Cape Town as they are unreliable and inefficient. Instead of facilitating my application they delayed it for seven weeks. I never got the…
Hello Thorn Trees,
I am planning a ride on my bike (BMW F800GS) from Dakar to Casamance.
I currently live in Dakar anyway (expat), just wondering about the route from Saly, Fatick through Sine Saloum to the border crossing at Karang Senegal Gambian border onwards to the ferry at Barra, Banjul and down through to Casamance.
Is it a hassle to get a Gambian visa and vice versa back into Senegal. I am Australian and we currently can Visa at the arrival airport, just not sure about the land…
Can anyone advise the current prices for:
1) Budget accommodation (back packer / camping options?)
2) Meals costs, i.e. local restaurants, as opposed to 5 star hotel options
3) Transport costs between Nairobi and Mombassa, train and/or coach
We are planning to spend a five day camping/hotel trip going through the Western Desert Oases - but keep reading that the desert is closed to tourists. Can anyone advise if this is correct, or have you successfully entered the desert recently. Thnx for your replies
Mikumi national park package:
1.A group of 2 to 4 = $ 220 each, offer
- Nice and clean self container rooms with tv,one bed and water in at the Carifonia lodge here in morogoro will be paid for you for one night as we pick up you at the bus stop with our private car before going to Mikumi next morning, entrance fees, tour guide, tents camping, meals (break fast+lunch and dinner),transport in the park with a nice private car, bus ticket round trip from Dar es salaam to morogoro and morogoro…