- Before you post. Search to see if someone’s already asked a similar question. Ask a better question and you’ll get a better answer. (Please fill out your profile, it’ll help us to help you.)
- Travel companions. If you’re looking for someone to travel with or make up a group for a safari, the best place to post is in our travel companions forum.
- Keep it travel-related. We want to remind you that this forum is a place for travellers and travel enthusiasts to share tips, information, and…
Inside this thread you'll find a collection of information and links to websites about attractions, activities, travel practicalities and news about the countries covered. Have a good look around before asking your question - quite often your question (or one very similar to it) will have been asked and answered many times already.
When you're ready to ask a question, choose the most relevant country from the drop down menu to ensure the best responses.
Please feel free to add any other useful…
Hello , I'm a 22 year woman traveling solo, I'm headed to Morocco for the first time.I'm spending ten days there in October and I'm building an itenerary, I will be backpacking and would love help picking cities to visit. Also any red flags on places to avoid would be appreciated !
Does anybody know if it is posible to ride in to national parks with motorbikes?
which whould be better rent a motorbike, buy it local or ship a motorbike, for a 2/3 month safari?
Hope to hear soon.
Theo & Erik
I'm heading to Tanzania and planning to travel overland to Mozambique, and on to Malawi and Zambia. As there's no embassy/consulate in my country (EU), I was hoping to get my Moz visa either in Dar or Zanzibar. Does any of you have some recent experience on that? Which one would be faster or easier?
Another thing I'm a bit worried is the requirement for return flights. I don't have any flight tickets booked yet, and would prefer flying with one-way tickets only, as I'm not sure when/where…
Dear fellow travellers,
I am planning to travel from Egypt to Sudan, and stay in Sudan for about 4 weeks. I was hoping you could help me answer the following questions.
- Is it correct that the standard visa obtained in Aswan is issued for 14 days?
- Is it possible I could get a visa for longer than 14 days in Aswan, and if not, what kind of visa length could I get in Cairo?
- Is there a map or detailed of 'restricted areas' that need a permit to travel to?
My husband and I are travelling Madagascar early October, and we're doing 2 weeks. Our plan was to arrive at Tana, head to the Tsiribinha river and do the 2 day river trip and camping, then go to Tsingy for the day, head back down to Morondova to see Baobab ave then onto Isalo and Tulear. Fly back to Tana and home.
Is this doable? I am nervous about the travel time from Morondova to Isalo and read conflicting reviews on that journey. We cannot fly, so need to find a solution via road…