- Before you post. Search to see if someone’s already asked a similar question. Ask a better question and you’ll get a better answer. (Please fill out your profile, it’ll help us to help you.)
- Travel companions. If you’re looking for someone to travel with or make up a group for a safari, the best place to post is in our travel companions forum.
- Keep it travel-related. We want to remind you that this forum is a place for travellers and travel enthusiasts to share tips, information, and…
Inside this thread you'll find a collection of information and links to websites about attractions, activities, travel practicalities and news about the countries covered. Have a good look around before asking your question - quite often your question (or one very similar to it) will have been asked and answered many times already.
When you're ready to ask a question, choose the most relevant country from the drop down menu to ensure the best responses.
Please feel free to add any other useful…
Not new to backpacking, however finding reliable information to plan this trip to Egypt has been a little challenging, so maybe you could help me out with some doubts.
My idea is leave Cairo and head to the Siwa Oasis, possibly stopping in Masra Matruh. So my questions would be:
- Is it worth it spending a day in Masra?
- How much time should I spend in Siwa?
- Is it possible going from Siwa to Bahariya? Regardless of the answer, would it be much of the same or should I go for…
Hi.... I am looking for two people to help us reduce costs and share a trip to Erg Chegaga. We willl leave Marrakech around 8.30 am on April 8th, and return to Marrakech in the evening of April 11th. I have paid the deposit, so definitely going, and can post the link to the tour, which is with Mhamid Voyages. So far it's myself and my 13 year old son Stan. We will visit Telouet, Aït Benhaddou, Agdz and Draa Valley before heading via M'hamid to Erg Chegaga for overnight stay. Then Foum Zguid…
I am Jacopo, 26yo from Italy, traveling Ethiopia from 1-18 April.
I am planning to visit the south and Omo region from the 2 to the 8/9th April.
Any good guide reccom?
I am planning a trip to the Serengeti in September and we are planning on self driving and camping. We have driven around a safari park before and are keen to avoid the crowds. I've seen that there are public campsites for $30pp but was wondering if anyone knew if there is any accommodation that is slightly better equipped but not at the high end. I'd be happy to spend $60-150 for at least a few of our nights so we aren't roughing it the whole time!
Also if anyone has any tips of which…
I'm going to Uganda for three weeks on Saturday. I have my yellow fever vaccine and a prescription for malarone. I usually don't like to take strong medication and I know the side effects can be quite severe. I'm going with a group of researchers, some of which have decided not to take malarone as prevention but just in case they contract malaria (three pills during three days). I have other friends who have worked in the region and have done the same thing, without issue.