Church of St George
- Town Centre
Lonely Planet review for Church of St George
Behind the City Tower in Slovenski trg is the Church of St George, which reveals an array of styles from Romanesque to neo-Gothic. The church contains some lovely late-14th-century choir chairs decorated with animals, a carved relief of the Epiphany dating from 1515 and frescoes in the middle of the south aisle and the restored Laib Altar, a three-winged altar painting by Konrad Laib (c 1410-60) completed in the mid-15th century.
Near the entrance is a carved 14th-century statue under glass of St George slaying the dragon.