Triple Bridge

sights / Architecture

Triple Bridge information

Location
Ljubljana , Slovenia
Something wrong?
Submit a correction

Running south from the square to the Old Town is the much celebrated Triple Bridge. Originally called Špital (Hospital) Bridge when it built as a single span in 1842, it was nothing spectacular, but between 1929 and 1932 superstar architect Jože Plečnik added the two pedestrian side bridges, furnished all three with stone balustrades and lamps and forced a name change. Stairways on each of the side bridges lead down to the poplar-lined terraces along the Ljubljanica River.