Parish Church of St Cantianus
The Parish Church of St Cantianus, which was built on to part of an older church starting in about 1400, is the best example of a hall...
To the north of the Church of the Holy Rosary (at the end of Tomšičeva ulica northwest of Pungert) is a lengthy section of the restored...
Church of the Holy Rosary
At the end of Tomšičeva ulica northwest of Pungert is the Church of the Holy Rosary, built in the 16th century. It was a Protestant...
This lovely and very welcoming kavarna in the basement of a 16th-century toll house with a huge covered terrace backing on to the river...
The large market northeast of the Church of St Cantianus sells mostly fruit and vegetables.
Glavni trg 4 · interesting places nearby
Gorenjska Museum information
A beautiful plaza, Glavni trg (Main Square) is populated by Gothic and Renaissance buildings; the ones on the western side with their painted facades, vaulted hallways and arched courtyards are masterpieces. The 16th-century one opposite is the former town hall (mestna hiša; Glavni trg 4), which now contains most of the collection of the Gorenjska Museum.
Among the eye-catching bits and bobs lying around is a large porcelain stove topped with a Turk's turbaned head, an embroidered sheepskin coat called a kožuh and a child's toy consisting of a devil sharpening a gossip's tongue on a grindstone. Below the floor of the vaulted vestibule at the entrance to the museum, Slavic tombs (complete with bones) from the 9th and 10th centuries can be seen through glass panels.