Ten miles southwest of Newtonmore, on the A86 road towards Spean Bridge, this is one of Scotland’s top mountain-biking centres with...
Highland Folk Museum
The open-air Highland Folk Museum comprises a collection of historical buildings and artefacts revealing many aspects of Highland...
Highland All Terrain
Join an off-road quad-bike tour of Ardverikie Estate, which appears as Glen Bogle in the TV series Monarch of the Glen . Tours range...
Housed in a converted water mill, the Cross is one of the finest restaurants in the Highlands. The intimate, low-raftered dining room...
Ruthven Barracks information
Ruthven Barracks was one of four garrisons built by the British government after the first Jacobite rebellion of 1715, as part of a Hanoverian scheme to take control of the Highlands. Ironically, the barracks were last occupied by Jacobite troops awaiting the return of Bonnie Prince Charlie after the Battle of Culloden. Perched dramatically on a river terrace and clearly visible from the main A9 road near Kingussie, the ruins are spectacularly floodlit at night.