St Andrew's House
Old Calton Burial Ground
One of Edinburgh’s many atmospheric old cemeteries, Old Calton is dominated by the tall black obelisk of the Political Martyrs’ Monument...
Looking a bit like an upturned telescope – the similarity is intentional – and offering superb views over the city and across the Firth...
Collective / City Observatory
The design of the City Observatory, built in 1818, was based on the ancient Greek Temple of the Winds in Athens. Its original function...
A bright and airy Georgian corner house provides the elegant setting for this hugely popular restaurant. The recipe for success includes...
Regent Rd · interesting places nearby
St Andrew's House information
On the southern side of Calton Hill stands the modernist facade of St Andrew's House, built between 1936 and 1939 and housing the civil servants of the Westminster government's Scottish Office until they were moved to the new Scottish Executive building in Leith in 1996.