Scottish Highland Games Day Trip from Edinburgh
Tour description provided by Viator
Don’t miss the opportunity to experience the color and energy of the unique Scottish Highlands Games on a day trip from Edinburgh. See men in kilts tossing the caber, putting the shot and throwing the hammer, and enjoy a memorable day out in the scenic Highlands.
This tour is likely to sell-out! The Scottish Highland Games Day Trip from Edinburgh has limited availability, so book ahead to avoid disappointment!
Dating back more than 900 years, when the Clans gathered to show off their athletic skills, the Scottish Highland Games are an unmissable event on the European calendar.
Highlights of this fantastic spectacle include Highlands dancing, pipe band displays, hammer throwing, tug-of-war, wrestling and, of course, tossing the caber.
The Games are held in different regions throughout the year, with the most famous held in Braemar in late summer.
2013 Scottish Highland Games Day Trip schedule:
- Glamis Caslte Highland Games (June 8)
- Luss Highland Games (July 5)
- Loch Lomond Highland Games (July 19)
- Callander Highland Games (July 26)
- St Andrews Highland Games (July 27)
- Bridge of Allan Highland Games (August 3)
- Stirling Highland Games (August 16)
- Crieff Highland Games (August 17)
- Braemar Highland Games (September 6)
- Pitlochry (September 13)
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Professional guide
- Entrance fees to Games
What isn't included
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop off