All content by Intrepid
Taste mystery and intrigue on a revealing tour of Russia - a land that lay hidden behind the Iron Curtain for decades. Experience the grandeur of Moscow, the beauty of Russia's ancient capitals Suzdal and Novgorod, and the grace of St Petersburg. Visit the intricately detailed cathedrals, historic monuments, age-old treasures and romantic landscapes of this great nation, and find the heart of enigmatic Russia.
- Experience a mesh of communist and capitalist cultures in the city of Moscow.
- Discover imperial treasures in the Kremlin.
- See Lenin in his eternal state.
- Explore medieval Russian capitals in the Golden Ring.
- Sip mead among sweeping meadows in Suzdal.
- Travel to Russia's oldest city.
- Admire tsarist treasures in the Hermitage.
- Take a guided tour of cultural attractions in St Petersburg.
- Be treated to a Russian tea party.
- Steam up in a public bath house.
Days 1-2 Moscow
Whether it's awe-inspiring history, iconic architecture, edgy creative centres or stylish bars and cafes, Moscow delivers on so many levels with a surprise around every corner.
Days 3-4 Suzdal
Crumbling churches and charming wooden cottages line the narrow streets of Suzdal, one of the fascinating historic cities which make up Russia’s legendary Golden Ring.
Day 5 Novgorod
Often referred to as the cradle of modern Russian civilisation, Novgorod is packed with well-preserved architectural gems and historic monuments recalling its medieval glories.
Days 6-8 St Petersburg
Simply bursting with intriguing sights and culture, get ready to be wowed by St Petersburg - it's opulent, sophisticated, historic and drop-dead gorgeous.
Maximum of 12 travellers per group
Guesthouse, Hotel, Overnight sleeper train
Boat, Bus, Metro, Minibus, Taxi