Glinka Capella House
General Staff Building
The east wing of this magnificent building, wrapping around the south of Dvortsovaya pl and designed by Carlo Rossi in the 1820s,...
The monumental Dvortsovaya ploshchad is one of the most impressive and historic spaces in the city. Stand well back to admire the...
Alexander Pushkin, Russia’s national poet, had his last home here on one of the prettiest curves of the Moyka River. He only lived here...
In the summer months there’s a great outdoor bar and dance floor, while inside there are a couple of cosy bars and a hookah lounge...
Perfectly placed for eating near to the Hermitage, this country-cottage-style restaurant has a very appealing menu of traditional...
nab reki Moyki 20 · interesting places nearby
Glinka Capella House information
This historic hall was constructed for Russia’s oldest professional choir, the Emperor Court Choir Capella, founded in 1473. Originally based in Moscow, it was transferred to St Petersburg upon the order of Peter the Great in 1703. These days, performances focus on choral and organ music.