St Maxim the Blessed’s Church
Monastery of the Sign
The pointed bell tower of the 17th-century, Monastery of the Sign , has an accompanying golden domed cathedral and monks’ quarters .
Chambers of the Romanov Boyars
This small but interesting museum is devoted to the lives of the Romanov family, who were mere boyars (nobles) before they became tsars....
Old English Court
This reconstructed 16th-century house, white with wooden roofs, was the residence of England’s first emissaries to Russia (sent by...
ul Varvarka 4 · interesting places nearby
St Maxim the Blessed’s Church information
Built in 1698, St Maxim the Blessed’s Church is now a folk-art exhibition hall.