St Barbara’s Church
Old English Court
This reconstructed 16th-century house, white with wooden roofs, was the residence of England’s first emissaries to Russia (sent by...
St Maxim the Blessed’s Church
Built in 1698, St Maxim the Blessed’s Church is now a folk-art exhibition hall.
St Basil's Cathedral
At the southern end of Red Square stands the icon of Russia: St Basil’s Cathedral. This crazy confusion of colours, patterns and shapes...
Newly minted, this old-style cafeteria offers a nostalgic recreation of dining in post-Stalinist Russia. The food is good – and cheap...
ul Varvarka 2 · interesting places nearby
St Barbara’s Church information
The pink-and-white St Barbara’s Church dates from the years 1795 to 1804 and is now given over to government offices. The reconstructed 16th-century Old English Court , white with peaked wooden roofs, was the residence of England’s first diplomats and traders sent to Russia.