Monastery of the Sign
St Maxim the Blessed’s Church
Built in 1698, St Maxim the Blessed’s Church is now a folk-art exhibition hall.
Old English Court
This reconstructed 16th-century house, white with wooden roofs, was the residence of England’s first emissaries to Russia (sent by...
St Barbara’s Church
The pink-and-white St Barbara’s Church dates from the years 1795 to 1804 and is now given over to government offices. The reconstructed...
ul Varvarka 8 · interesting places nearby
Monastery of the Sign information
The pointed bell tower of the 17th-century, Monastery of the Sign , has an accompanying golden domed cathedral and monks’ quarters .