Church of the Three Hierarchs

sights / Religious

Lonely Planet review

Built by Prince Vasile Lupu between 1637 and 1639, and restored between 1882 and 1904, this is one of Iaşi's most beautiful churches. Its exterior stone pattern-work is exquisite and reveals Turkish, Georgian and Armenian influences. It also contains the marble tombs of Prince Lupu and his family, plus those of Prince Alexandru Ioan Cuza and Moldavian prince Dimitrie Cantemir.

The Museum of 17th-century Frescoes occupies an adjacent Gothic-style hall.