Anybody have info and prices and availability on above for a week in October Tks
Also ferry to and from Mauritius schedule and prices, I found a website but couldn't find schedule it said 16 hours that's all I could find tks
Found this itinerary somewhere.
- Saint Denis -> Le Brule by bus
- Le Brule -> Plain des Chicots
Stay in Gite de la Roche Ecrite
- Plaine des Chicots -> Dos d'Ane
Stay B&B te Durantha
- Dos d'Ane -> Aurere
Stay: Gite le Pointsetia
- Aurere -> Grand Place
Stay: Gite de Grand Place Cayenne
- Grand Place -> Roche Plate
Stay: Gite Chez Merlin
- Roche Plate -> Marla
Stay: Gite Faelie Cesar
- Marla -> Cilaos
Stay Gite la Case Bleue
I've been looking at doing the GRR2 in Reunion. Not quite ready to decide yet. I'm not an expert hiker but I'm fairly fit.
- I have a healthy respect for heights, would you recommend this hike for someone who has a fear of heights? I'm not as bad as some people, I just don't want to endure 12 days of trying not to wet myself.
- If what I read is correct, in the first two days the elevation goes from sea level to 2400m. What would you say is a good spot to stay for a couple of days to…
I am planning to go directly from Aeroport R. Garros to Gare de St-Andre and have two questions
1. Re: Zeclair(ZE) car jaune express bus service ($5 oneway). The bus timetable from www.cg974.fr shows the bus stops only at Gare St-Benoit and Gare de St-Denis with Aeroport R.Garros in-between, implying it does NOT stop at Gare St-Andre. BUT, The map shows Aeroport R. Garros, Gare de St-Andre and Gare St-Benoit all have ZE mark, meaning the bus stop at those three locations. Does this…
We are looking for a nice, flat, leisurely and pleasant hiking route in Reunion for our young kids; maximum one hour each way if we are to head back to where we started, or two hours if we are going from Point A to Point B.
What would you suggest?
we are planning to visit this beautiful island in late November, but I have seen that there is a lot precipitation(around 200mm) and I am not sure if it is the right time to visit this place. The main problem for us is, that we have only this specific time for holidays.
I would love to go hiking, canyoning, flight with helicopter, etc. and would be disappointed I could not do these activities thanks to weather. I know that weather is unstable, but at least to know, if is high chance…
After quite some time I am apparently able to spend some days in Reunion where my top priority is the GR R2.
I would just like to know whether anyone on the forum have been to the island in march, I know the weather might be pretty different from the coast to the mountains. The schedule would be pretty tight, I am alone and don't really mind walking in the rain if it happens for short time and not every day. If it is likely to have rain every day the whole day I would just put Reunion…
I'm planning on exploring Reunion between Jan 26th and Feb 5th 2016 (next week!). Helicopter flight / canyoning but mostly hiking. I want to rent a car and an appartment with a kitchen for the whole stay. If there's anyone who wishes to participate in the adventure let me know :)
Matt (30 y.o.)
Planning on going to la Reunion in May 2016. Looking at hiking across the island.Maybe combining GR1 and GR2. I'm having a hard time finding information. Would like to figure out hiking distances/elevation to be able to book overnight accommodations. Any help would be appreciated.
During my work (2 moths) in Madagascar, I'm planning a little vacation at Reunion (31/10-7/11) and it would be nice to discover this island with somebody. Is anybody around the island during this period?
Does anybody has some advice for a backpacker at this island? Nice/cheap hostels? What must I see in this week?
Thanks in advance!