Watch the World’s best Wildlife
- 16 November 2005
The Galápagos is unquestionably the wildlife experience of a lifetime, offering close encounters with famously fearless and spectacular animals like the blue-footed booby, giant tortoise and marine iguana. Lonely Planet’s new, full-colour guide to the region will give you pinpoint directions, accurate maps and expert tips on finding the unique wildlife.
As one of the few destinations in the world which is visited solely for its wildlife and home to uniquely tame animals the Galápagos Islands is a must for ardent wildlife fans. Watching Wildlife Galápagos Islands has the following features to help you make the most of your trip:
• Hundreds of colour wildlife photographs to highlight the rich variety of fauna
• A tips and hints chapter which gives advice on everything from when to go, equipment and clothing, and identifying animals
• Sections on each of the main islands and their wildlife highlights
• A chapter devoted to recognising, understanding and finding key wildlife
• Easy to read background information on animal behaviour and expert detailed coverage of conservation issues, ecotourism and natural history
DID YOU KNOW?
It was the study of finches on the Galápagos that provided Charles Darwin with evidence to support his theory of evolution