Lonely Planet France
- 1 January 2003
Almost 12 million Brits visit France each year, and the latest statistics show that hopping over to Paris, skiing in the Alps and being by the seaside are what we like best.* But surely we all go to linger in charming villages, sample the wines and eat far too much cheese?
Whatever your holiday to France involves, this guide is the ultimate companion and includes:
- A Taste of France 23-page special section (p 122)
- Information on Dwarf-Mutant Beech Trees(!) (p 445)
- Insiders’ reviews of must-see sights, from world-famous to lesser-known attractions
- Seven pages devoted to French Cinema (p 57)
- Corsica chapter (p 1017)
- Accommodation with character, from rustic gîtes to historic chateaux
So whether you want to party on the Côte D’Azur, sample fine wines in Beaune or relive the glory of Versailles, come and discover it for yourself – Douce France awaits!
Notes to editors:
Statistics supplied by the French Tourist Office
For further information France and Lonely Planet publications go to our 2000 page award winning, interactive website on http://www.lonelyplanet.com/
World Food France, Paris Condensed and Southwest France are also available from Lonely Planet
For more information and to set up giveaways, please contact Mel Capper, Publicist 020 7428 4805 or firstname.lastname@example.org