Oblique view of the facade and entrance to the Se, or Cathedral, Silves. This Cathedral was built in 1189 after the Portuguese had taken the town back from the Moors, and situated over the main mosque in the town. It was restored during the Napoleonic wars and few of its original Gothic features are left.
Paul Bernhardt Lonely Planet Photographer
© Copyright Lonely Planet Images 2011