update your settings
A short walk from the main train station along ul Głogowska, Park Wilsona contains one of the biggest greenhouses in Europe...
This sprawling institution covers 116 hectares at the eastern end of the lake, and houses diverse species including Baltic grey seals, in a leafy pine forest environment.
Southeast of the Rynek is this good collection of folk woodcarving and traditional costumes of the region. Of particular note are the large roadside posts and crosses on display.
A few steps south of the museum, this church was originally built for the Jesuits by architects from Italy after more than 80 years of work (1651–1732)...
This river island is dominated by the monumental, double-towered Poznań Cathedral , originally built in 968...
Located off the southeastern corner of the Rynek, inside the 16th-century Górka Palace . Before going in, stop and have a look at the fine Renaissance doorway on the building’s eastern facade...
Institution housing hundreds of instruments, from whistles to concert pianos; including intriguing musical devices such as a typewriter for musician notation and a polyphon, the precursor of the record player.
The site of a former arsenal now houses this art gallery, which partly atones for its ugly architecture by hosting interesting temporary exhibitions of modern art.
In the old guardhouse on the western side of the buildings in the centre of the Rynek, this museum details the battles waged by Polish fighters seeking independence from Germany after the end of WWI...
South of the town hall is an endearing row of small arcaded buildings, known as the Fish Sellers’ Houses. They were built in the 16th century on the site of fish stalls and later reconstructed after major WWII damage.
Holds exhibits of arms from Poland’s many conflicts over the centuries, dating from the 11th century to the present.
Extensive collection of Polish and European art displayed in numerous rooms...
Just west of the Rynek is the richly decorated baroque Franciscan Church. Its Chapel of the Virgin Mary in the left transept has a carved oak altar and a tiny, reputedly miraculous image of St Mary.
Within the grand neo-Romanesque Kaiserhaus , built from 1904 to 1910 for German Emperor Wilhelm II, this museum offers details of the massive 1956 strike.
This museum inside the town hall displays an interesting and well-presented exhibition on the town’s history, and the building’s original interiors are worth the entry price on their own
The Gothic vaulted cellars a...
and receive a
on your next guidebook purchase
Lonely Planet. All rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced without our written permission.