Zamość Museum , with intriguing displays like a scale model of the 16th-century town and a letter to Jan Zamoyski from his architect,...
The Renaissance synagogue built between 1610 and 1618. One of the two side rooms off the main hall was destroyed during Nazi...
The Cathedral, just southwest of the Rynek, was built by Morando (around 1587 to 1598) as a votive offering and mausoleum for the...
Every town needs an Irish pub, and this brand new place has already become Zamość’s. It’s far classier than the real deal, and has...
For some fast and filling soup/dumplings/cabbage-style food, head to this old-style milk bar.
Lonely Planet review
The Franciscan Church was built (between 1637 and 1655) it was reputedly one of the largest and most beautiful Baroque churches in the country. In 1784, the Austrian Empire abolished the Franciscan order, throwing the church into the hands of fate. It was converted to a hospital, an arms depot under the Russians, a museum and cinema between the two world wars, and an art college after WWII before finding its way back into the hands of the Franciscans in 1993.