Chapel of the Holy Trinity
Since 1957, the castle has housed the Lublin Museum , with a collection ranging from silverware and porcelain to woodcarvings and...
The earliest remnants of Lublin’s castle date from the 12th and 13th centuries, and it was here in 1569 where the union with Lithuania...
Originally a Gothic complex founded by King Kazimierz III Wielki in 1342, the Dominican Priory was rebuilt in Renaissance style after...
Teatr Im H Ch Andersena
Performances are in Polish at Teatr im H Ch Andersena but the puppets of Hans Christian Andersen can be enjoyed in any language. Check...
Złoty Osioł offers traditional ambience and extraordinarily good-value traditional meals. There are delicious fish dishes, slightly...
Chapel of the Holy Trinity information
At the eastern end of the castle is its most prized asset – the exquisite 14th-century Chapel of the Holy Trinity , featured on many postcards (the photographers must have snuck in a flash and a wide angle lens). The chapel is covered from floor to ceiling with polychrome Russo-Byzantine frescoes. Painted in 1418, only to be later plastered over, they were rediscovered in 1897 and painstakingly restored over a hundred-year period. These are possibly the finest examples of medieval wall paintings in the country, so colour-rich you could lick the paint off the walls.