Eidgah Mosque

sights / Architecture

Eidgah Mosque information

Location
Multan , Pakistan
Something wrong?
Submit a correction

The large Eidgah Mosque, covering an area of some 73m by 16m, was built in 1735 and was later used by the Sikhs as a military garrison. In turn, the British used it as a courthouse (it was here that Agnew was slain) but it was restored to its original use in 1891 and today has some of the finest blue tilework in Multan. The mosque is about 1km north of Qasim Bagh Fort.