1. Foreigners must be in possession of a valid visa, and must register with the foreigners’ police section in Chitral town. Address: FRO (Foreigner Registration Office), near Chitral Police Station, Chitral town. Both Pakistanis will need to register with the local police check post upon entrance in the valleys. Pakistanis and foreigners must carry key identification documents upon their person at all times.
2. Majority of Muslim leaving in three valleys but you will find both…
I am planning to visit Chitral and Hunza with three friends in first week of November.
1) what would be the weather like? Do i ahve to take warm clothes?
2) How many days stay would be sufficient to visit the highlights and at each place?
3) safety and any other suggestions?
Thanks in advance!
So, a month in Pakistan - is that enough to hop along the Makran Coast, see some in-betweeny sights before heading to Gilgit, Chitral and the Kalash Valleys, etc?
Also, how much is a realistic budget daily? I'm pretty easy, really.. My only real luxury is having a shower and being relatively cool at night. Aside from that, I'll eat whatever.. travel on whatever.. :O
I am travelling to Islamabad for work in a couple of weeks time and just after some info ref female solo travellers.Should a headscarf be worn at all times? Obviously dressing modestly, I was looking at just trousers and shirts however am now wondering whether I should take this further to more long tunic/dresses over trousers? Can western female travellers (taking normal security procedures) shop, go to restaurants etc outside of the main hotels alone without any…
My Boyfriend and I are currently travelling overland from London to India, we're currently in Kazakhstan and starting to think about the KKh route we've planned to take entering from kashgar towards the end of October.
We really want to travel the Kkh but are disconcerted by rising current affairs e.g reports that Isis flags are appearing in Kashmir and Peshawar (which we know is not on the route but the kkh falls in between) and recent bus bombing in gilgit.
We are looking for…
For anyone planning a trip to Pakistan, here is some updated information - August 2014.
Some of the budget hotels are no longer willing to accept foreigners due to registration issues. If you are looking for a good budget option try Al Jamal Hotel in Committee Chowk, Pindi. The Al Jamal Hotel owner can also help with onwards transport north by Landcruiser.
Buses from Pindi (Pirawadi bus station) to Gilgit leave in convoy and currently leave between 6pm and 7pm each evening. Take…
hi everyone, is ther anyone looking to travel Lahore and Peshawar in moth of January ? It will be nice if someone can give some travelling tips in January, I will be crossing border from India, by land...thanks !!
for the cyclists who want to travel the KKH...Last week I tried to cycle the KKH from Islamabad to Sost. In Haripur (KPK-Province, between Islamabad and Mansehra) I was stopped by the police and sent back to Islamabad. They said that I will need NOC for KPK and Gilgit-Baltistan. Back in Islamabad, I went to the Ministry of Interior and applied for the NOC. This normally takes about 3 to 4 weeks, but the officer was very helpful and tried to help me to get it within 2 days. At the end I…