- Before you post. Search to see if someone’s already asked a similar question. Ask a better question and you’ll get a better answer. (Please fill out your profile, it’ll help us to help you.)
- Travel companions. If you’re looking for someone to travel with, the best place to post is in our travel companions forum.
- Keep it travel-related. We want to remind you that this forum is a place for travellers and travel enthusiasts to share tips, information, and their experiences about American…
Welcome to the branch, which will take you to some of the most beautiful paradise islands on earth, some of the best beaches and some of the best dive sites...This branch covers the Pacific Islands as well as Papua New Guinea, often referred to as PNG. Please read this thread to find the answers to common questions, and ways to find solutions fast.
THIS BRANCH DOES NOT COVER AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND
please post your questions on the AUS & NZ branch. For questions related to Hawaii, you might…
Just wondering if anyone would have any suggestions for three days in fiji?
Where could I stay? I am flying into Nadir but wouldn't mind stating somewhere else near by on a budget.
Any activities or suggested things to do or see I'd be very grateful.
I’d like to share some information about my recent trip to PNG.
I had a 1-way ticket from Brisbane to Port Moresby and Quantas which operates the AirNiugini flights made me buy a refundable return ticket (90A$ fee). The man in charge was a real pain. It’s probably advisable to fly from Cairns where they have Airniugini staff.
I traveld alone, I am a woman and it has been ok. Apart from places like Port Moresby I felt safe and people were extremely friendly and welcoming
We are 2 Belgian girls traveling through West-Papua for 3 weeks in August. we are planning our trip and find it hard to get info. So a few basic questions:
- we are wondering if there is any public transport or the only way to get from one place to another is by plane?
- if by plane: is it necessary to book the tickets all in advance, or can we search there and buy tickets for a day or 2 later?
- do we need an organized tour for all visits? we are planning a trekking with guide through the…
A good book to learn about PNG rainforests and more:
Searching for Pekpek: cassowaries and conservation in the New Guinea rainforest
on Amazon or cassowaryconservation.com
both sites have reviews and info.
Not easy to purchase in PNG; take a copy and give to someone in PNG.
I'm traveling to Fiji from the London for a friends wedding in August and just wondered if anyone had any suggestions of the most economical routes there/back?
Travelling solo and I've got a month to play with so happy to have a stop over on the way out and possibly 1 or 2 on the way back. Just a tad overwhelmed with options so thought I'd seek advice.
I just got back from 1 week in Palau and first of all I just want to say it was awesome. I'm a budget traveler and like many people, I had a hard time getting information about traveling cheaply in Palau beforehand. Ultimately, it's not that cheap of a destination to travel but this website had a really great article that helped me travel Palau as cheaply as I could.... I probably would have gone broke if I hadn't seen it. Here's the link: http://outofyourcomfortzone.net/the-ultimate-…