Gourmet Lunch at Jonah's by Seaplane from Sydney
Tour description provided by Viator
Jonah's is set upon the clifftop overlooking Whale Beach, truly one of Sydney's most spectacular outlooks. Fly over Sydney's famous Northern Beaches, including Manly, Dee Why Newport and on to Palm Beach on the return flight you will soak up the sights of Sydney Harbour.
Perched high on the edge of a cliff, enjoying dramatic views of Whale Beach and the sprawling Pacific Ocean, Jonah's at Palm Beach is one of Australia's most prestigious ocean retreats. Something of a Sydney institution, Jonah's salubrious guest list has included Laurence Olivier, Anthony Hopkins, Mick Jagger and Jerry Hall.
Departing Sydney Harbour late morning your seaplane flight tracks north past Sydney's spectacular northern beaches before touching down in the expansive waterway of Pittwater. Jonah's courtesy vehicle will meet you at the dock and transfer you the short distance to the restaurant.
Jonah's offers Modern Australian cuisine under the direction of award-winning chef George Francisco. George's style of cooking has a significant French influence, but it is his passion for finding and using the best and freshest local produce that will ensure Jonah's diners are as impressed about the food as they are about the restaurant's 180 degree views of the Pacific Ocean.
- Freshly shucked Sydney rock oysters with champagne mignonette
- Warm spanner crab, sea urchin butter sauce and potato puree
- Duck-wrapped lamb and cumin sausage, pickled baby beetroot, lebne cappellacci
- Tempura ricotta-fi lled zucchini flowers served with basil pesto
- Flash-fried Queensland calamari with spicy cajun remoulade and lemon
- Vanilla scented tuna tartare, edamame, crisp radish and toasted nori
- Blue swimmer crab, angel hair pasta, Reggiano Parmigiano, parsley and lemon
- Roasted ocean trout and blue eye trevalla crepinette, kipfler potatoes, wilted spinach and foie gras sauce
- Butter-basted gold band snapper, chorizo sausage succotash and sweet corn nage
- Slow-roasted Barossa Valley chicken breast, calvados gastrique, squab jus, potato and apple gallette
- Grain-fed beef fillet, stone ground polenta, broad beans and roast treviso
- Terrine of white chocolate ice cream, blood orange sorbet and granita
- Vanilla panna cotta, pomegranate molasses and warm lavender honey
- Belgian triple chocolate layered cake with mocha rum sauce
- Warm black fig pudding, butterscotch sauce, vanilla ice cream, saba syrup
- Caramelised pineapple and passionfruit crème brulee napoleon
- Raspberry jellies and chocolate truffles
- Three cheeses served with fresh fruit, nuts, walnut bread and lavosh
- Guided Commentary
- Return 40-minute seaplane flight
- Return boat transfer
- Return car transfer to the restaurant
- Scenic Flight Harbour Bridge and Sydney Opera House
- Gourmet three-course a la carte lunch
- Australian Goods and Services Tax (GST)
What isn't included