Around The World Backpackers
Lonely Planet review
Around the World gets rave recommendations for its ‘Kiwiana’ decor and sunny back garden (complete with a private outdoor bath). Ask about the hostel's 'Love Shack' if you're visiting with the closest of travelling companions.
Services & facilities
- Internet access
- Free internet access
- Bicycle parking
- Free parking
- 24 hour security
- Tours/travel desk
- Bicycle hire
- Board games
- Book exchange
- Cable tv
- Common room
- Housekeeping service
- Laundry facilities
- Linen included
- Towels included
- Washing machine
- Luggage storage
- Safe deposit box (front desk)
- Wheelchair accessible
We are a small, friendly, family-owned and run hostel approx. 5 mins from the heart of Christchurch. Relax and stay awhile.
**Check in only after 12pm - last check in time is 10pm.**
What we provide to our guests...
* FREE internet - in library.
* WiFi available in your room . (FREE $2 voucher - per device - then 10c per MB)
* FREE meal on Wednesdays (BBQ's in the Summer)
* FREE tea, coffee and spices
* FREE herbs and some vegies available in our garden
* TV lounge with SKY TV and DVD's
* Book exchange
* Board games
* Large fully-equipped kitchen
* Unisex and women's only bathrooms
* Garden with BBQ area, hammocks, herb garden
* Car parking for 6 vehicles (on a first in - first served basis).
* All our beds are fully made up with sheets, duvet and pillow/pillowslips. No sleeping bags are allowed.
* Dorms - 4 beds per room (i.e. 2 sets of bunks) - no large bunk rooms.
* Please Note: There are no lockers in the rooms. However we do have a Safe if you wish to store any valuables for the duration of your stay.